Representing clients in the sale, purchase, transfer, development, leasing, and financing of commercial and residential real estate, as well as related issues and disputes.
Representative Engagements of our Attorneys:
- Local investment group in connection with sale of commercial plaza.
- National homebuilder in connection with the liquidation of its Florida land holdings.
- Local church in successful appeal of the denial of its ad valorem property tax exemption.
- Developer of Valrico commercial plaza in connection with project financing and development.
- International petroleum companies in connection with DRI expansions at the Port of Tampa.
- Developer of large condominium in connection with development of Naples area.
- National, regional, and community banks in connection with multi-million dollar residential and commercial financing, including SBA 504 loans.
- Residential and commercial developers in connection with projects throughout Florida.
Title Insurance and Closing Services
The firm is an authorized title insurance agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company/Attorneys’ Title Fund Services and Westcor Land Title Insurance Company. The firm regularly serves as closing agent, title agent, and/or escrow agent in various real estate and business law transactions.
Landlord and Tenant Representations
Representing property owners and prospective or existing tenants in lease preparation, negotiation, and enforcement in connection with residential, office, retail, industrial, warehouse, and land projects and transactions.
Real Estate Litigation
Counseling clients with their decision to initiate a lawsuit and, once initiated, zealously representing their interests throughout the litigation process and, where applicable, in the appellate and judgment phases of that process. Real estate litigation includes foreclosure, eviction, and quiet title actions.
Distressed Real Estate
Representing property owners in connection with short sales, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, Making Home Affordable programs, and other forms of loan workouts.
Institutional and Commercial Lending
Representing institutional lenders and borrowers in connection with development loans, construction loans, revolving lines of credit, builder lines of credit, permanent and mini-perm mortgage financing, asset-based financing, agricultural loans, and other loan transactions, including the issuance of related opinion letters.
Private Transfer and Financing Transactions
Representing private parties in sales, gifts, and other conveyances of real property, together with a wide range of seller financing and non-institutional lending transactions, including deal structuring, document preparation, and collateralization.
Construction and Development
Representing architects, engineers, constructors, subcontractors, materialmen, developers, and other parties in Floridas real estate development and construction industry.
Representing clients in connection with environmental compliance, liability assessment, regulatory proceedings, and site assessments and remediation projects.
Property Tax Adjustments and Appeals
Representing clients in tax appraisal appeals and Value Adjustment Board proceedings.