Assisting business owners and management in a comprehensive range of business and commercial law services, including, without limitation: entity selection, formation, organization, compliance, and annual servicing; contract negotiation and preparation; asset and stock purchase and sale transactions; employment and confidentiality agreements; labor law and employment issues; and general and special counsel services.
Representative Engagements of our Attorneys:
- Owners of local independent pharmacy in connection with sale to national chain.
- Local multi-division corporation in connection with a tax free reorganization and share exchange transaction.
- National chain as local counsel in connection with trademark infringement action.
- Tampa Bay based transportation broker in connection with multi-million dollar private placement.
- Technology joint venture between American and Dutch engineering firms.
- Tampa-based 501(c)(3) as borrower’s counsel in connection with 20-million dollar bond issue.
- Pool supply and fast food frachisors, and various franchisees, in connection with franchise matters.
Business Entity Formation and Compliance
Representing clients in connection with the selection, formation, and organization of business entities, and ongoing compliance matters, including annual state reporting requirements.
Representing clients in connection with contract preparation, negotiation, review, and compliance.
Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements
Representing clients in connection with preparation, negotiation, review, and counsel with respect to employment and independent contractor agreements, including proper classification of personnel, and confidentiality and noncompetition agreements.
Counseling clients with their decision to initiate a lawsuit and, once initiated, zealously representing their interests throughout the litigation process and, where applicable, in the appellate and judgment phases of that process. Business litigation includes breach of contract, collections, and other matters in both state and federal courts.
Intellectual Property and Technology
Representing developers and owners of intellectual properties with the federal registration of copyrights and state or federal registration of trademarks and service marks.
Collection and Liquidation of Commercial Debt
Representing creditors with the evaluation, preservation, and enforcement of their rights in bankruptcy.
Asset Liquidation and Exit Planning
Assisting clients with asset liquidation and other exit strategies in a manner that maximizes value to client and creditors.
Banking and Financial Services
Representing clients with the review and negotiation of secured/collateralized and unsecured loans, including SBA loans, as well as private financing arrangements.